Monday, November 3, 2008

Lord hear his cry....


I love, love, love, my children!!!! I love that my children share so many wonderful qualities, and yet are vastly different!!!

BUT MY DEAR LORD, Is it to much to ask, for one morning dash to the bus, to be without tears?!?!? Every morning, with my dear Thomas, its as though the world has failed him again the moment his feet hit the floor. If its not something wrong with his clothes, its his meal, or the time, or someone looking at him, or the alignment of planets. Please help to understand this little man, and what pains him so.

My poor little abstract boy....... If I only understood.....

1 comment:

Suzanne Mosley said...

I remember when Ava would wake up screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night, because the opening of her pillowcase would have shifted just enough to make a corner of the pillow stick out.

This happened for a few nights before I heard Eric in there at 2am one morning, saying "Ok, you DO NOT cry about pillowcases. You cry about being in pain, you cry about someone dying, you DO NOT cry about a PILLOWCASE!!!".

A few nights of spanking her for screaming about it solved that issue....

My only advice, as a mother of a child of the same temperament, you have to pick and choose which of their issues you are going to indulge, and which ones you aren't.

For instance, I do indulge Ava's sock seam obsession. I will stop and help her straighten her sock seams. But I don't indulge her fear of walking out into the rain to get the mail.

They can't help their fears and quirks, but you can show them which ones are fine to hold on to, and which ones they have to let go of.

I remember when Cole started walking, and he would have the hardest time taking a step from one surface area to another. Like from driveway to grass, from tile to carpet. He would stop and just stare at the new surface, and you could tell so much was going on in his brain, in regards to stepping onto the new surface...

I know, abstracts are weird......